The latest version of the Ubuntu Unity interface has been released, and is available to install from the Ubuntu Desktop Team’s Unity PPA.
Being a bug fix release, Unity 3.8.16 sports the following change-log: –
- Unable to load icon text-x-preview at size 48 in a loop (lp: #794556)
- Display garbled upon restoring original resolution (lp: #795454)
- Display garbled upon connecting external displays (lp: #795458)
- Panel disappears after resolution change (lp: #795459)
- Dragging the launcher with right mouse button is confusing as menu pops up (lp: #735031)
- In a double monitor setup the Unity top panel in the second screen is cut at the right (lp: #750481)
- Launcher tooltips sometimes don´t show (lp: #769335)
- Menu key should open quicklist for the selected item in the launcher (lp: #750778)
- Unity is spamming ~/.xsession-errors when windows are closed (lp: #767642)
- Dash button ignores transparency when clicked. (lp: #767733)
The Desktop Team Unity PPA for Unity is not intended for everyday users but those needing the latest version of Unity – be it buggy or not.
Ubuntu 11.10 adopters will find the update hitting Update Manager shortly.
Via Chris. P.