Emesene 1.5 code named “Awesome” has been released.
This updated version of the Linux application, for use with the ‘Windows Live Messenger‘ network, sees a host of buxfixes and the usual internal tweaks.
Feature wise, anyone who has been using the beta releases will be familiar with many of those listed below, but those who’ve been using the version from the Ubuntu repos will find Emesene packed full of new features.
The main new features being: –
- Compatible with the latest Window Live Messenger
- New plugin set (Plus! colors, Notifications, Mail check, etc.)
- HTTP connection and proxy support
- @msn accounts support
- Better contact list management with Privacy Tab and ability to reject users
- Improved Offline Messaging experience
- Support for MSN groups
- No more GUI locks
- Experimental webcam support with configuration
- New layout options and improved usability along with customization
- Tons of new languages supported
(webcam configuration window)
Emesene is also comes with an extensions framework and whole host of useful plugins ” such as message notifications using Jaunty’s notification system, “now playing” status updating from most Linux music apps.. and heaps more.
Plugin’s need to be extracted to/placed in your ~/emesene_1.5/plugins folder. They will then show up in the plugin’s menu, which can be found through the preferences option.
Theming Emesene can be a lot of fun, especially if you’re customization crazy!
Themes are placed/extracted to your /home/USER/emesene_1.5/themes folder and selected from the preferences menu,