The GAJ & Zeitgeist teams have announced the 0.5.0 development release of GNOME Activity Journal – the user-friendly frontend for finding out ‘when’ you did a certain activity/file edit etc rather than ‘where’.
Bug fixes and new features abound, including:
- Improved start-up time
- Better support for Tomboy and websites
- An experimental toolbar providing:
- Access to “MultiView”, “TimelineView”, and “ThumbView”
- Improved search tool
- Preferences (including blacklist extension)
- Makeover of the visual appearance
The new toolbar is, Seif assures, there simply until ‘a more intuitive way’ can be found for switching views.
As the release is still a ‘development’ release it’s not intended for mass-consumption. Nevertheless you can find installation instructions for building and running from source over on Seif Lotfy’s blog.