Discussions towards the shaping of Ubuntu’s planned to foray into the Smart TV sector are ‘ warming up’ according to a new blog post from Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth.
The new mailing lists set up to facilitiate discussions are being used, meetings have taken place in the #ubuntu-tv IRC channel, and a handful of initial designs have been proposed by Ubuntu community member Alan Bell.
Amongst the ‘features’ and ‘priorities’ Mark lists as resulting from recent discussions are: –
- Control via remote control
- Playback of physical media (USB cd/dvd/blu-ray drive)
- Installable image
- Easy configuration of new devices
- Ubuntu One Accounts
- Push media to/from other Ubuntu devices / Media syncing capabilities
- Purchasing media through online stores (Ubuntu one/Amazon/Netflix)