With Ubuntu 10.04 adding a
puke coloured new message alert to the indicator applet many of you will be seeking alternatives.
The above icons come in all main Tango! colours as well as one awesome Ubuntu Aubergine coloured one for the brand-obsessed contingent, too. (Which, I must say, looks mighty awesome when using the Radiance theme)
Plum with Ambiance is pretty swell, too.
Download Right-click and save-as Install
- Hit alt+f2 and type ‘gksu nautilus’
- Navigate to the icon theme directory you’re using in
- ‘usr/share/icons/‘ and either ‘ubuntu-mono-light‘ or ‘ubuntu-mono-dark’.
- Enter the ‘status/22/‘ directory
- Extract the downloaded tarball and choose your preferred coloured icon
- RENAME it to just ‘indicator-messages-new.svg’ before moving.
- Move it. :)
Every update to the Indicator applet will replace these icons so be prepared to keep reinstalling them every so-often.