Banshee 1.5.4 was released last week with some shiny new features and a handful of new functions – including equaliser presets, extra shuffle modes and, notably, an opt-in usage data collector thingy.
Gabriel Burt, a Banshee developer, posted stats from the opt-in on his blog and they make for fascinating reading. Well, for a stat junkie like myself they do.
Here are some facts gleaned from the data: –
- Out of over 500 people who opted in, 383 use Ubuntu.
- 4 use Fedora.
- 363 of those Ubuntu users are using Karmic, 4 are using Jaunty and 16 are using Lucid
- 82% of all users have compositing enabled
- 5 people use Banshee in Swedish
- 73% don’t enable the equalizer feature
- 51% have the context pane showing, 49% close it.
- About half have Banshee maximized and half don’t.
- Median screen size is 1400×900
- Average number of tracks sits at 5,200
Over 500 people already have opted in – if you use Banshee and don’t mind developers collecting some anonymous data on how you use the app, opt in and help improve Banshee!