A new version of VirtualBox is available to now download.
VirtualBox 5.2.8 supports the latest Linux kernel 4.15 in Linux guest machines, making it perfect for those looking to try the latest Bionic Beaver daily builds.
The popular virtual machine software will soon work better on Linux hosts with the integration of VirtualBox guest additions in the Linux kernel.
Other notable changes and improvements that feature in the Virtualbox 5.2.8 release include:
- Support for FSGSBASE, PCID, INVPCID CPU features for guests
- Improved auto-resizing of windows on HiDPI screens
- Fix for a seamless integration mode regression
- Fix for a crash in New machine wizard
- Ability to distinguish recording sources when multiple VMs are running
- Improvements to DirectSound backend
- Better file seeking support of recorded files in Firefox
- HDA emulation in Windows guests
- Linux 4.15 support
- Fix for black screen when 3D enabled in Linux guests
- Suppress setuid, setgid in shared folders on Linux guests
A full list of changes can be found in the official Oracle VirtualBox 5.2.x changelog.
If you already have the VirtualBox repository set-up on your system you should be able to upgrade to this release through whatever software update tool your system uses.
You can also download VirtualBox 5.2.8 for Ubuntu, Linux Mint and other Linux distributions direct from the VirtualBox website: