A new unstable snapshot of image editor ‘The GIMP’ is available for download.
GIMP 2.7.4 is likely to be the last development download ahead of the stable GIMP 2.8 release.
A stack of minor changes feature in the 2.7.4 release, amongst which are: –
- Close button added to image tab in Single Window Mode
- Descriptive ‘undo‘ information for Transform tool
- Single Window and Multi-Window mode save consistently
- New ‘heal algorithm’
- Graphics tablet interaction fixed
Download/Install GIMP 2.7.4 in Ubuntu
Source packages for GIMP 2.7.4 can be found @ gimp.org/downloads/
To install GIMP 2.7.4 in Ubuntu via a PPA you will need to run the following two commands in a Terminal: –
[box style=”alert”]This PPA contains unstable software[/box]
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:matthaeus123/mrw-gimp-svn
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gimp
The PPA provides GIMP 2.74 builds for Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10 only.