The countdown banner contest for Ubuntu 12.04 is now open for submissions.
As one of the most widely distributed pieces of pre-Ubuntu release media, the countdown banners provides creative users of Ubuntu with the chance to make, in the words of contest lead Matthew Nuzum, ‘a highly visible contribution to Ubuntu’.
As with the previous banner competitions, the guidelines set out for contributions are concise: –
- Banners should be 180px wide by 150px high
- Banners should not be created in PHP or Flash
- Do not over-emphasis the codename (in this case ‘Pangolin’) in the banner
The banner will need to countdown the days from the Beta release of Ubuntu 12.04 to final release on April 26th. Thus: –
- Images counting down from 30 days to 1
- 1 image for day 0 saying “It’s Almost Here”
- 1 further for days past release saying “It’s Here”
Deadline for submission is Monday, March 12th.
As ever the place to submit your entries is on the Ubuntu Wiki at the following link.