An upgrade to Firefox 8 is finally available to Ubuntu 11.10 users through Ubuntu’s Update Manager – no PPA or additional downloads required.
The upgrade comes 2 weeks after Firefox 8 was officially released.
So what’s new?
Firefox 8 brought with it a handful of new features and changes. These included: –
- Twitter search engine installed by default
- Third-party add-ons are disabled by default
- A new ‘add-on selection dialog’ allows to verify add-ons on upgrading
- Tabs can be loaded ‘on demand’, improving start-up times
- HTML5 context menu support, improved memory management, and various stability fixes also feature.