If you’re bored with the look of the default date and time applet in Ubuntu why not jazz it up with one of the following themes?
Instructions on how to do are at the bottom but first the eye-candy!
OS X Style
How to change GNOME clock applet theme
- Press ALt+F2
- Type: gconf-editor
- Hit return
- Navigate to “Apps > Panel > Applets > Clock_Screen* > Prefs”
- (* this may be under a different name, just look for the applet that has the correct ‘prefs’ folder)
- Double-click on the ‘Format’ value. Change it to ‘custom’.
- Double click on the ‘Custom Format’ field and paste in the code from one of the styles below.
- Hit return once again and enjoy!
Use any font installed on your system by changing the font on the codes from ‘ubuntu’ to that of your choice (Sans, DroidSans, etc).
If you’ve created your own awesome clock style feel free to share it in the comments below.