The compiz developers have detailed many of the new features, plugins and effects users can expect to find in the 0.9.2 release, due to land sometime in the not-so-distant future.
The post reports on a selection of new animation effects created by Jay Catherwood.
“Many of them are based on a new framework, which will allow a whole bunch of similar animations (which draw the window a number of times in different positions on every pass).”
Able users wanting these extensions now can find them in the following git repositories : -
More new features
There are plenty more that’s new in Compiz 0.9.2:
- Scale layout results in windows being ‘positioned proportionately to their original position on screen’ when using the scale plugin.
- Reflective Surfaces Allows docks to specify a “reflective surface” region, for compiz to paint a reflection of the desktop scene on.
- Vignetting Renders a “vignette” of window brightness around the edges of windows, rather than dimming the window continuously
- Drunken Demonstration plugin to create a “drunken” effect
- Trip Demonstration plugin to create a simulated hallucinogenic effect
- Sound uses GStreamer to play sounds on window events
Minimized Window Previews
GLSL, Physics and FBO Frameworks, including a new physics engine based on bullet