Ever needed to check a hash against an .iso or other download but felt put off by using the terminal to do it? Here’s a simple GUI utility for doing so by the name of ‘HashCheck’.
“This HashCheck script… checks MD5 and SHA256 hashes, two which are the most common.” states the developer on the project page. There isn’t more to pad this out with, so on with the show!
Like pie installation is easy:
- Download HashChecker
- Extract the archive
- Double-click on the ‘Install’ file inside
Using the HashChecker tool is also easy:
- Right-click on the file you wish to check
- Select ‘Scripts > Check hash’
- You’ll then be prompted to pick the hash type you wish to check (‘MD5′ or ‘SHA256′)
- The resulting hash cab then be opened in the text editor or displayed as message, allowing you to verify the match