Lucid users missing their fix of desktop album are and slick file previews need miss no-more – CoverGloobus & Gloobus-Preview are now available for Lucid via the relevant PPA’s.
We’ve mentioned/loved/raved/enteradjectivehere about Gover-Gloobus a bazillion times in the past so seeing it come to Lucid is much appreciated.
The latest version is 1.7 and see’s the cover-art-come-controller work with more players.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gloobus-dev/covergloobus
- sudo apt-get install covergloobus
Gloobus Preview is, as the name suggests, a file previewer: You select a file, hit the space bar and the file is previewed super-quick. Videos, music, documents – pretty much everything can be previewed with Gloobus Preview.
It works best when used in conjunction with Nautilus-Elementary so the instructions below also add and install it.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gloobus-dev/gloobus-preview
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:am-monkeyd/nautilus-elementary-ppa
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gloobus-preview && sudo apt-get upgrade