Midori 0.2.3 has been released to the wilds and a jam-packed release it is too!
Midori?! What the frell is that?
It’s a GTK+ based Webkit browser that is extremely fast and extremely awesome.
It has Notify-OSD support, AdBlock extensions, a ‘speed dial’ new tab page and a customizable toolbar.
- ‘Close other tabs’ menu entry
- Merged Netscape Plugins and Extensions panels
- New informative ‘about:version’ page
- Feature to ‘Open Link as a Webapp’
- Simplified, faster adblock implementation
- Auto-completion suggestions
- Preferred language preference
There are a few more additions/changes which can read about in the changelog @ http://git.xfce.org/apps/midori/tree/ChangeLog
You can download Midori @ http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/midori/0.2/midori-0.2.3.tar.bz2
Installing Midori is a relatively painless* procedure.
Download the .tar.gz source above, extract it, open a terminal and navigate into it and then run: -
- ./waf configure
- ./waf build
- ./waf install
Alternatively you can install it from the Midori PPA (note: You will also need to add the WebKit Team PPA)
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:midori
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webkit-team/ppa
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install midori