Want to share your music collection with a contact over Empathy? Yesterday i told you how to do it in Banshee, now it’s the turn of Rhythmbox!
As with the Banshee plug-in that offers the same functionality (and a bit more, sadly) this requires both parties to be using a) the plug-in and b) on a jabber account.
Assuming you have git-core installed as well as the necessary dependences [see here if you don’t] you can grab the source and build it.
Open a terminal and type: -
- git clone git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/user/alban/rhythmbox-plugin-telepathy.git
Now navigate to the directory using: -
- cd rhythmbox-plugin-telepathy/
Followed by: -
- mkdir -p ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/
and finally: -
- cp -r rb-tp-* ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/
Enable The Plug-in
In the Rhythmbox plugin configuration (Edit, Plugins), both parties need to activate the following: -
- DAAP plugin in Rhythmbox
- enable the telepathy exporter plugin
- enable the telelpathy importer plugin.
Find Out More
You can find out more @ http://alban.apinc.org/