Abricotine is an open-source markdown editor for Windows, Mac and — hurrah — Linux desktops.
The open-source app allows those of you who like to go mad with Markdown syntax to both write and preview documents directly in the text editor rather than using a separate window or side pane.
Abricotine is written in modern web technologies, including HTML5, CSS3 & Node.js.
It’s this web-savvy base that gives the app some of its more unique features, like web previews for select domains including YouTube, GitHub and Instagram.
Abricotine also features the following:
- Write in markdown
- Export documents in HTML
- Preview text elements (e.g, headers, images, todo lists, etc) while you type
- View ‘table of content’ in side pane
- Display syntax highlighting for supported languages
- Show helpers, anchors and hidden characters
- Copy formatted HTML in the clipboard
- Write in a distraction-free fullscreen view
- Manage and easily beautify markdown tables
- Search and replace text
- Support for common formatting keyboard shortcuts
Linux binaries are available to download from the project Github page.
To run the app just download the corresponding .zip archive from the link below, extract, and double-click on the ‘Abricotine’ file inside the folder.
New to Markdown? Check out this great Markdown syntax cheatsheet for help + tips on getting started .
- Source: via One Thing Well