The folks behind user-friendly Linux video editor PiTiVi have announced the release of version 0.15, which adds faster start-up time, new transformation features and support for saving project presets.
“This will be the last release using the “traditional” core/engine of PiTiVi.” PiTiVi developer Thibault Saunier writes on his blog.
“The next releases will be based on GStreamer Editing Services (GES) and should thus depart significantly from this release in terms of performance, features and stability.”
Amongst the changes present in the release are: –
- A new transformation feature for resizing, panning and cropping clips
- Automatic clip alignment by analyzing soundtracks to sync multicamera footage
- Default set of project settings and rendering presets
- Support for adding and saving rendering presets
- Improved video thumbnailing
- Improved startup time
Ubuntu 11.04 users can upgrade PiTiVi to this latest version by adding and installing from the PiTiVi Stable PPA
Add ‘ppa:pitivi/stable’ to your Software Sources, update and then either upgrade your existing PiTiVi install using the Update Manager or installing PiTiVi from the Ubuntu Software Centre.