The latest release candidate of popular Linux racing game ‘SuperTuxKart’ has been made available for download.
Edging towards a stable release, version 0.7.1 sees the following changes, additions and improvements since the last release back in December 2010: -
- The addition of smoke, splash, fire, weather and other particle effects
- Renamed tracks
- Optional minimal race UI
- Support for full-screen anti-aliasing
- Clearer multiplayer setup
- Temporary invincibility after being hit
- Full RTL (right to left) support
…and a heap more. Check the release announcement on the developers’ blog for more.
If you’re dying to try the latest improvements and features out don’t sweat it – you can.
The source tarbell for this release can be download at: -
For the lazy amongst
us you this update is expected to be available to install via the SuperTuxKart development PPA shortly.
Note, however, that this update is not currently available via this, and this method is not recommended for casual users.
Add the text in bold to Software Sources via the Ubuntu Software Centre or open a Terminal enter the following commands separately to update and install this RC: -
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stk/dev
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install supertuxkart
Launch Via Applications > Games > SuperTuxKart