The latest version of Linux video editor ‘OpenShot‘ has been released with a raft of new features and fixes.
New features present in version 1.3.0 of the non-linear editor include: –
- A new user interface and icons
- Timeline and interface animations
- Smooth scaling
- Easier filtering of files/effects/transitions
- Video upload support for YouTube and Vimeo
- New 3D animations* (Snow, Particles, world maps and Lens Flare)
A full change-log can be found @ launchpad.net/openshot/1.3/1.3.0
As is tradition with a new release of OpenShot the developer, Jonathan Thomas, has created a new video to promote the release. Whilst it doesn’t show off the latest release to its full extent many of the new 3D animations are demonstrated.
The animated 3D maps in particular are impressive…
…and the addition of smooth scaling will appease many of those who like to work with images in videos:
To install OpenShot 1.3.0 in Ubuntu 9.10 or higher add the following PPA to your software sources: –
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jonoomph/openshot-edge
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install openshot
*Requires Blender to be installed