A new panel-based RSS reader has been released for feed-fanatics to get their fix from.
Feed Indicator, unlike RSS-Aware – a similarly purposed applet we’ve written about before – ships with an enhanced set of features including a handy ‘Mark all read’ menu entry and options to set the refresh interval of feeds.
Other features present in Feed Indicator include : –
- Easily add and sort feed URL’s
- Notification pop-up on new feed items
- Adjustable refresh timer
- Adjustable number of items to show per feed
- Option to run on system start-up
- Mark all items as read / unread
- Option to enable/disable notification popups
- Option to show each feed in a separate submenu
- Feed item titles shortened if they are over 72 chars
- Ubuntu Ambiance/Radiance mono icons
Install and uninstall scripts are included in the tar.gz file, downloadable here.