A new version of Quod Libet, an open-source and cross-platform music app, is available to download.
The app is a versatile music player/manager for Windows, macOS and Linux. It has several advanced built-in features, including a file renamer, a music tagger, and an audio encoder.
The latest release is Quod Libet 3.9. This update ships with a bunch of fixes, tweaks and minor new features, including:
- Plugin to hide menu bar &show it on
- Plugins grouped by type/function
- Support for the “!=” operator in search
- Panes in the paned browser can be resized
- Lame encoding quality for MP3 files
- Plugin to change the user interface language
- Plugin to export a playlist to a folder
- MPD plugin now works with M.A.L.P. for Android
- BPM tap plugin
- Spacebar toggles pause/play
- Improved waveform seekbar for HiDPI
The app now requires Python 3.4, python-feedparser, and Gstreamer 1.4.
Install Quod Libet on Ubuntu
To install the latest stable release of Quod Libet on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and above you need to add the official Quod Libet PPA to your software sources:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lazka/ppa
Then run an update and install (or upgrade) the app:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install quodlibet
Once installed you will be able to launch the app from the Unity Dash (or equivalent app launcher).