As much as we all love the Humble Bundle it’s not the only place you can pick up some top Tux-friendly gaming titles for next to nothing.
Bundle Stars’ ‘Abstract Bundle‘ is running for the next two weeks, offering 10 indie games for a one-off price of $2.49 (£1.99). Unlike some of the company’s previous packs all ten games are available on Linux and redeemable on Steam.
10 Games for Less Than The Price of a Coffee
For less than the cost of a lukewarm soya latte you can get your game on with the likes of fighting fave Megabyte Punch; level up in RPG classic Knights of Pen & Paper; and be pitted against ‘orrible online opponents in tactical arcade fave Meltdown.
Bundle Stars’ offers usually come with an overarching theme but this pack is an eclectic and diverse set of games, hence the ‘abstract’ moniker. The boon in being less thematically restricted is that there is something for everyone in this pack (providing said everyone likes gaming, of course!)
The ten titles are:
- Velocibox — Head-spinning, motion sickness inducing action game
- Megabyte Punch — Popular and fast paced ‘beat ‘em up’
- Secrets of Raetikon — Open-world 2D physics-based puzzler
- Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition — SNES-style RPG adventure
- PixelJunk Shooter — Top-down shooter
- PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate — Tower defense with a plot
- Meltdown — Arcade shooter with online multiplayer
- Great Permutator — complex puzzler inspired by 90s gaming
- Vangers — Reworking of popular 1988 sandbox game
- Pulstar — Visually stunning arcade game
Buy Bundle Stars Abstract Bundle
Although comparable to Humble in that it offers games at a deep discounts, UK-based Bundle Stars does approach things differently. You pay a fixed price for all of the games. There are no additional ‘pay more to receive more‘ tiers or games to be unlocked.
What you see it what you get with this offer. And you happen to get it at a low price — a 97% saving over the individual purchase cost, in fact — until January 20, 2015.
Bundle Stars accept PayPal, Google Wallet, most major credit/debit cards or Amazon Payments. All games offered are only redeemable through Steam, and each access code can only be used once.
For full information on each game, and the all important purchase links, head over to the Bundle Stars website.