Another week and another Wine development release.
What has version 1.3.9 spilt out over the tablecloth we call the desktop?
- Beginnings of support for ActiveX in built-in browser.
- Icons on Internet shortcut menu entries.
- Standardization of code implementing COM interfaces.
- New scheme for auto-generated DLL registrations.
- OpenCL library wrapper.
- Translation updates.
Notable bugs fixed in 1.3.9 include: –
- Windows Live Movie Maker fails to install
- Lightworks : Unhandled page fault on read access
- utorrent icon in systray is blank and unclickable
- No mp3’s playing in Age of Empires 3
Full change log can be read @ winehq.org/announce/1.3.9
As ever the Ubuntu Wine PPA is home to this latest development release. This is located @ ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa.
Wine 1.2 users will need to run ‘sudo apt-get install wine1.3′ to upgrade.