HandBrake 0.9.5 comes with changes, fixes and new features, including: –
- BluRay disc structure support (Although no decryption support)
- Updated Libraries (x264, ffmpeg)
- SSA Subtitle support (Including burn-in)
- Updated presets supporting newer devices and better quality
- AC3 encoding support
- Improved DVD Main Feature detection (when using dvdnav)
- Ability to edit queue jobs
- Bug fixes and UI improvements
Of particular note the the dropping of Power PC (PPC) support. Users on PPC are advised to remain using version 0.9.4.
Handbrake is available to install and update via its own official PPA. To add this in a snap open up a new Terminal window and enter the following command: –
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stebbins/handbrake-releases && sudo apt-get update
To install it just search for ‘Handbrake‘ in the Software Centre, or run : –
sudo apt-get install handbrake-gtk
in a Terminal window.