OpenShot – OMG! Ubuntu!’s favourite video editor for Linux – released a new version today.
Version 1.1 brings with it a buffet of new features, speed improvements and general all round greatness that we’ve come to expect from the fast-paced development of the OpenShot team.
Amongst those new features are: -
- Undo/Redo support
- History pane
- Dynamic tiling (Seriously, ’tis awesome)
- A bunch of new effects including ‘cartoon’ and ‘edge glow’
- Easy fade in/out of clips and audio
As always, OpenShot developer Jonothan Thomas has made a new video showing off some of these improvements.
Karmic users can either add the OpenShot PPA (see below) or download the .deb files, which also work for Jaunty or Intrepid users, too, @ openshotvideo.com/2008/04/download.html
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jonoomph/openshot-edge
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install openshot openshot-doc