Desktop Linux e-mail app Geary has been updated with a number of key bug fixes.
In the first update to the popular mail client since October’s major release of version 0.4, a number of issues have been corrected. They include a problematic crash that occurred when an IMAP connection timed out.
Other fixes listed by Yorba, the non-profit organisation behind the app, include:
- Compile-time support for WebKitGTK 2.2
- IMAP STARTTLS Connection Failure Bug Fix
- IceWarp IMAP Servers Crash Fix
- IMAP Connection Timeout Crash Fixed
- CamelCased MIME Type Fix, Preventing Blank E-mails
- Missing RTL Icons Added
Geary 0.4.1 can be installed on Ubuntu 12.10 and 13.04 from the official Yorba PPA.
Ubuntu 13.10 users should find this latest update available from the Ubuntu Software Center (or, if already installed, via the Software Updater) in the coming weeks.