Visual refinements to Ubuntu’s system update app have been accepted into Ubuntu 13.04.
The new changes, which we’re discussed earlier this week, aim to make the detailed information Software Updater displays to users easier to digest.
- Related updates are now ‘grouped’ together
- Core Ubuntu packages are grouped into ‘Ubuntu Base’
- Library and dependencies display their description rather than the name
- Package sizes moved to the right under ‘Download’ header
- ‘Install’ header above checkbox column
- Restart icon displayed next to updates requiring restart
To match the new look Ubuntu’s Design Team are also looking to revamp Software Updater‘s icon.