The latest version of photo manager Shotwell has developed into something pretty with plenty of new features and enhancements, including: –
- Migration support for F-Spot users: Shotwell can now import photos directly from F-Spot, including associated tags and ratings.
- Photos can be rated on a 1-5 star scale or marked as rejected. A filter button supports viewing only photos of a specified rating or better.
- A new Last Import page in the sidebar gives you instant access to your most recently imported photo roll.
- Sidebar functionality and appearance have been improved with new icons and inline renaming.
- Numerous bug fixes and translation updates.
Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 users can install the latest Shotwell from the Yorba PPA: –
- Open a terminal and enter the following two commands carefully
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install shotwell
Source packages can be found on the Yorba Shotwell homepage.