IMPloader is a small script that sets your wallpaper as a collage of posters from the current top 10 cinema releases.
One caveat is that the script pulls its ‘data’ from a US-based soruce, meaning if you live anywhere else you’ll likely find poster for movies that aren’y yet released in your country. With that thought under our belts, let’s proceed.
The first two will be installed by default, but you may (for some reason) not have imagemagick installed. This can be got using: -
- sudo apt-get install imagemagick
- Download the script from here and extract somewhere accessible.
- Right click the ‘imploader.rb’ script, go to ‘properties > permissions’ and make the script ‘executable’
- Right click the ‘imploader.rb’ script again, this time choosing ‘Open with gedit’.
- You need to set the following information: location to store wallpaper, wallpaper height & width and the style you want to choose.
The three styles are as follows, simply replace the number in the script with the one you wish to use: -Now run the script by either double-clicking on it or via the terminal using ‘./imploader.rb’
- Once done, navigate to the directory where you chose to save it and set it as your wallpaper!
I haven’t covered setting it up to run weekly/hourly, etc simply because running it manually is much quicker. Read the ‘READ ME’ included in the script for more information.
If you like this wallpaper, you might want to check out our other “quirky wallpaper” entrants.