Bilbo is a desktop blog editor for Linux that supports many online blog services including Blogger (Blogspot), WordPress, MovableType and MetaWeblog.
It features a full featured WYSIWYG editor and an HTML editor as well as a ‘preview’ mode that shows your post in the style of your blog. In many respects it offers most of the features of “Windows Live Writer” for Linux.
Other features include: –
- Support for Creating/Modifying/Deleting posts.
- Support for creating drafts and scheduled posts.
- Support for uploading media files to your blog (Only on supported APIs e.g. MetaWeblog and MovableType)
- Support for fetching your recent blog entries.
- Support for adding Images to posts from your system. It will upload them on Submitting post to blog (Only on supported APIs e.g. MetaWeblog and MovableType)
- Support for saving local entries before publishing.
- Saving your writing copy to prevent data loss, at configurable intervals.
- Internal auto spell checker.
- Ability to write/edit multiple posts in one window via tabs.
Download and Installation
Karmic Alpha users will find Bilbo in the repositories – http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/bilbo
Jaunty users can download a Kubuntu .deb to install it. It will install any missing KDE dependencies automatically.
Alternatively you can add the Bilbo PPA – https://launchpad.net/~neversfelde/+archive/ppa