Pop-up windows, external download management and the ‘Paste & Go’ support are just some of the new features present in the latest release of Qt browser Qupzilla.
Other notable new stuff added to the lightweight browser includes: –
- Option to change browser user agent
- Enable/disable HTML5 storage
- Global shortcuts for switch to tabs
- Support for saving/restoring pinned tabs
- Option to use external download manager (e.g. Steadyflow)
- Ability to set background
- Set number of rows/tiles in a row
- Global shortcuts for opening speedial tiles
Adding Qupzilla in Ubuntu requires addition of the†Qupzilla PPA.
To install Qupzilla in Ubuntu 11.10 run the following two commands in a terminal, oradd the section in bold to your Software Sources before updating and installing ‘Qupzilla’ from the Ubuntu Software Centre.
- sudo add-apt-repository†ppa:nowrep/qupzilla
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install qupzilla