Flash-free desktop YouTube player ‘MiniTube’ saw a new release at the weekend.
The update, which bumps the app to version 1.7, sees a number of minor new features added.
- Channel usernames are now ‘clickable’
- ‘Manually start playing’ option
- ‘Stop after this video’ option
- ‘Float on Top’ option
- Keyboard shortcuts to view next/previous
None of the above additions are big-sells on their own, but as iterative improvements they continue to hone MiniTube into being the best way to browse YouTube san a web-browser.
Install Minitube 1.7
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ferramroberto/minitube
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install minitube