A new stable release of ‘Nuvola’ music player – formerly known as Google Music Frame – is now available for download.
Nuvola 1.0 adds a number of additional features and improvements to the desktop-integrated player. These include: –
- Supports 4 cloud music services, including Google Music and Grooveshark
- 3 menu bar visibility modes
- Additional preferences options
- Helpful crash dialog introduced
- SOCK 4/5 proxy support
How to install Nuvola in Ubuntu
Nuvola is available to install in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS through Ubuntu 11.10 by using the application’s stable PPA.
This can be added to your list of Software Sources in a number of ways. The quickest (and easiest) way is to use the Terminal.
Open a new terminal window and enter the following two commands separately, inputting your password where prompted.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nuvola-player-builders/stable
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install nuvolaplayer