Like wet Gremlins snacking after midnight, there are some categories of apps where the amount of choice available borders on crazy .
It’s the headline feature and one that really sold this app to me; I have a large library of images in Shotwell and rather than make me sift through them Wallpaper Gallery only asks me to select tag(s) – and does the rest.
Other features/options present include: -
- View and edit Shotwell image title
- Overlay image title on wallpaper
- Set random or sequential image display
- Specify transition rate
- Ability to exclude images smaller than screen size
- Set program to auto-run on login
Adding the application from PPA is easy. Open a new Terminal session and enter: -
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:olmecs/ppa
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install wallpapergallery
Alternatively grab a .deb package @ launchpad.net/~olmecs/+archive/ppa/+packages