“I’ve been using AWN for quite sometime now, but that’s because of the lack of many docklets in Docky; the main-menu being an important one (at least for me)” he says on why he sought out a solution.
“What we do is change the “click” function of the Docky icon. So I modified that a bit, and got it to display the gnome-menu whenever I click the Docky icon.”
Sounds neat, so how does one do it?
- Install “xdotool” (click here to install)
- Press ALT+F2 and type in “gconf-editor”.
- Press enter.
- Navigate to /apps/docky-2/Docky/Items/DockyItem and double click on “DockyItemCommand”
- In the “value” field copy paste: xdotool key -clearmodifiers alt+F1
- Press OK and close the box.
- Click on the Docky icon