After a successful week of bug fixes the latest version of Amarok 1.4 inspired music player Clementine is ready to download.
- Redesigned sidebar
- Lyrics fetched from 17 different websites
- Statistics, play counts and tags from Last.fm
- Artist Info tab with photos, bio, similar artists, more
- Smart playlists and dynamic playlists
- Mute options added to music menu and tray menu
- Window title now displays the name of currently playing track
- Ratings, play counts and skip counts
- Jamendo & Icecast support
- Users are now able to configure the gstreamer buffer size
- MPRIS2 support
- Ubuntu Sound menu integration
A multitude of fixes and improvements have also been implemented since we pimped the release candidate earlier last week: -
- Single-clicking a library item now expands it
- A new “Plain sidebar” option.
- “Delete from disk” added to the playlist menu
- Smarter add/remove from various artists in the library
- Support for rating more than one song at once
- Ability to edit tracks from within the library pane
Full change log can be found online here.
Stable .debs for 32bit and 64bit Ubuntu can be found @ code.google.com/p/clementine-player/downloads.
For those who like to live on the bleeding edge, an official Clementine development PPA is also available.
This PPA isn’t intended for every-day but is there for those who value the latest fixes, features and changes over stability.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:me-davidsansome/clementine-dev
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install clementine
Clementine is also available for Windows and OS X.
Thanks to zacH