Upgraded to Ubuntu 10.10 and want to install the workspaces indicator applet? Good news – the PPA has been updated to support Maverick.
The preferences pane allows you to change the number of workspaces/workspace rows ad-hoc anytime you wish.
Installing the indicator is easy; either download the following .deb installer or add the official PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:geod/ppa-geod
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install indicator-workspaces
Download a .deb installer here.
The tool doesn’t ship with a menu entry by default by you can easily create one: -
- Go to ‘System > Preferences > Main Menu’
- Choose ‘Accessories’ in the left-hand list
- Click on the ‘New Item’ button
- Choose a name and enter ‘indicator-workspaces’ for the command
- Finalize by clicking the ‘Add’ button