Ubuntu’s former default photo manager F-Spot sees a new stable release today, adding many new features, including: –
- A completely new import system
- Robust and safe metadata handling
- New and improved duplicate detection
- New documentation
- Reparenting (combining photos as versions of each other) with drag / drop
- A remove from camera option
- Photo panning using the mouse
The release sees over 300 bug fixes and a plenitude of stability and performance enhancements.
Version 0.8 will be available to install from the Official F-Spot PPA sometime later today.
Open a terminal (Applications > Accessories > Terminal) and enter the following two lines separately to add the official F-Spot PPA: –
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:f-spot/f-spot-ppa
- sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install f-spot