The second beta of KDE twitter application Choqok sees release today.
Along with an improved re-tweet function, nickname auto-completion & support for twitter’s OAuth system the application is a worthy upgrade for the brave and bold twitter-addicts out there.
Other notable additions in the beta include a wider range of player support in the ‘Now listening’ plugin (including Rhythmbox, VLC and Banshee) as well as additional actions in the user menu.
5 new URL shorteners had been added: -
And support for two more image uploaders: -
No binary packages are available of the titular app just yet but you can get your hands dirty and build from source. How? Here’s how..
- Download: Source
- Open a terminal and enter the following two commands
- sudo apt-get install build-dep
- sudo apt-get build-dep choqok
- Extract the source archive you downloaded earlier and navigate into it using the Terminal
- Type the following commands: -
- mkdir build
- cd build
- cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config –prefix` ..
- sudo make install