Granola makes your computer more energy efficient without slowing it down or limiting performance when needed. Best of all it’s free!
Features of Granola: -
- Most effective power saving software for Linux
- Sophisticated workload prediction improves upon built-in CPU governors
- Works with your existing power management settings
- Lightweight userspace daemon
- Runs in the background
- No noticable performance loss
How does it work?
Taken from the Granola (formerly called MiserWare) wiki: -
“MiserWare ISPM is a set of algorithms for saving energy in a wide variety of workloads without affecting the performance of the system. These proprietary algorithms are at the heart of the current MiserWare products. In the MiserWare power management daemons, we leverage our ISPM algorithms to use dynamic voltage and frequency scaling (DVFS) technology. DVFS provides various power and performance settings for just about any modern processor, and when coupled with our algorithms can save significant system energy with no noticeable performance loss.”
Via | The OpenSourcerer