It seems that a week can’t go by without the superhuman development team behind desktop Twitter app Pino releasing yet another update.
And we’re certainly not complaining!
This weeks’ update sees the awesome twitter application gain a few new things: –
- Support for favourites (add/remove/list)
- Support for ur1.ca url shortener
- Support for Vala 0.8.0
- Very basic support for indicator applet
Yes you read it correctly: there’s finally indicator applet support!
Download Pino for Ubuntu
If you’re already subscribed the the Pino PPA then this update will hit real soon. If you’re not, but wish to be, then add it via a terminal using the following commands. Note that the PPA will only update/install Pino and its dependencies and no scary surprises along the way.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vala-team/ppa
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:troorl/pino
You can also build from source but be aware of Pino’s dependencies before trying.
Download the source here and install using the three-step waf command as follows: –
- ./waf configure –prefix=/usr
- ./waf build
- sudo ./waf install