Evolution Mirror is a Mozilla Sunbird extension designed to sync your Sunbird/Google Calendar appointments with the GNOME clock applet.
Note you will also need to install python-evolution
- sudo apt-get install python-evolution
Install the extension by downloading it and then going to Sunbird > Addons > Install
How to set up Google Calendar in Mozilla Sunbird
To enable Google Calendar sync with Sunbird do the following: -
- File > New Calendar
- Select ‘On the Network‘ and click next.
- Choose the CalDAV option
- Enter the following URL in the location bar: -
- Select ‘Next’ and enter a name for your calendar.
- Choose a colour too, if you so wish.
- Sunbird will prompt you to enter your Google credentials. Do so.
- Sunbird will then sync with Google Calendar – this can freeze the application for a little whilse so don’t worry.
- If you have appointments in your GCal account you’ll now see them in the GNOME clock applet, too!