The “hack” is simple and whilst this feature is disabled by default for a reason, it’s worth enabling just to peek at and disabling again if you don’t like it.
This feature is a Banshee exclusive currently and requires the Banshee control extension to be enabled.
- Open a terminal.
- Depending on where you have Docky installed, punch in: –
- sudo gedit /usr/local/share/docky/helpers/banshee_control.py
- sudo gedit /usr/share/docky/helpers/banshee_control.py
- Find the 25th and 26th lines. These read: –
- Change them both from ‘False’ to ‘True’. (Note the capitalized first letter)
- Restart Docky. Open Banshee. Play a track.
- You’ll seethe Banshee icon change to the cover art for the playing track.
As cautioned above, this was disabled for a reason. I noticed a few glitches now and again – mostly with artwork getting stuck or Banshee not reverting back to its own icon after closing. None of these threaten the stability of your system, but they’re worth nothing anyhow.