Google ChromeOS has the ‘application menu’ in the browser: -
You can, actually, get this in Google Chrome or Chromium.
- First you need to edit the command you start Chrome/ium with.
- Right click the menu in the top left hand corner. CHoose ‘edit menus’.
- Find your Chrome/ium launcher in the ‘Internet’ side pane.
- Click it and then choose ‘edit’ from the right hand side.
- In the ‘command’ field add the following at the end of the command:
-user-agent=”Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; CrOS i686 9.10; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/184.108.40.206 Safari/532.5″ -pinned-tab-count=1
- Close and launch the browser from the menu.
- Then paste the following URL into your browser.
- Right click the tab and choose ‘pin’ to get a truly ChromeOS look!
Thanks to Mark for letting me know how to get this running again after Google nixed the previous way.