Grab the official .deb file from the imdb-thumbnail launchpad @ : –
Once you’ve grabbed the .deb do what comes natural and install it!
Now comes the boring bit.
First off we need to let Nautilus know to use it.
- imdb-thumbnailer –set-nautilus
Now we need to let the script know where you keep your videos: –
- gedit ~/.imdb-thumbnailer/config
Now just add the path to where you keep your videos after: –
You can add as many paths as you like, just place separately afterthe “films_path[x]=” line. Like so: –
- films_path=/home/joey/Videos/TV Shows
- films_path=/home/joey/Trailers/to be released
For example, if you keep your videos in your ~/Videos folder then you’d put: –
If you kept them on an external drive you may need to put something similar to this: –
- films_path=/usr/media/external\ drive/movies
Though it’d be far easier to simply create a ‘link’ to your movies folder and put it in your Home/Videos folder! In the above case this’d be as simple as then putting: –
Finally we need to edit one last file.
- gedit ~/.bashrc
Paste the following at the very end of the file: –
- alias imdb-up=’find /path/to/your/videos* -type f | while read -r line ; do imdb-thumbnailer -u “$line” ; done’