Alpha 5 of Ubuntu 9.04 was released to the wild yesterday and brought with it the usual slew of bug fixes, but also a few other odds and sods!
A quick bullet-ized run down would read as: –
- During installation some fancy pants slides play, designed to help orient new users to the Linux way of doing things. Shame they also read like they were written by programmers…
- Gnome is updated from 2.27.4 to 2.27.91 beta.
- XSPLASH is the new boot manager and looks as it did during late Alpha 4: –
- A new panel applet combines the “user switching” and “logout/shutdown” applets of previous releases.
- The All New And Improved Computer Janitor© makes it’s first appearance in Alpha 5. Sporting a super clean 3 paned window, it sure looks far more useable than before, if a bit sad looking.
You can find more release notes @ http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/karmic/alpha5