You can stay informed of upcoming Ubuntu releases in your Google Calendar by importing an simple Release Schedule document.
I will admit that this is purely for Ubuntu lovers and probably no-one else! I must also thank Dan for casually slipping a reference to this into a conversation earlier, or I’d never have known about it! It’s just really geek-cool!
Download and Install
- Grab the Release Schedule .ICS @ http://people.ubuntu.com/~vorlon/UbuntuReleaseSchedule.ics
- Save it some where easy to find.
- Log into your Google Calendar.
- Click ‘Settings’ on the top bar near your log-in name.
- Choose ‘Calendars’
- Click on ‘Import Calendar’, Navigate to the downloaded .ics file and upload it.
- That is that!